Thread: atv start switch

Default atv start switch

I have a 99 400 explorer and my start switch for the lights, overdrive,start pod quit working.I paid big bucks for a new one and was sold one for a newer model that has key start.I needed the one that red switch lifts to start machine.The dealership I bought it from has changed ownership and will not take the one the old owner sold me back.Every thing works with the one I bought I just have to start by hand.I hate to buy another new one as they are a hundred bucks.As long as the switch will engage with red slider switch so machine will start by hand is there any way I can hook up a starter button to start machine so it starts with battery.If so how would I do it.Its a good runner but I hate starting it by hand all the time.
    The manager of the dealership hides behind his office door and will not come out and see me or return my calls.

Default help if you can

Any one familiar with this?

Default atv start switch

Anyone familiar with Battery Fluid levels in ATV batteries?

My question is really this:

Can/Should I use distilled water in the battery to bring the fluid level back up? Or do I have to use battery acid?

I know that old car batteries would take distilled water, but its been so long and technology changes. Not sure if it would still work.

I just use distilled water in most of my batteries. Om ATV batteries are sealed though and don't take any fluid...
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650/685
    2004 Suzuki V-Strom "Wee" DL650
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-TWIN
    1971 Kawasaki MT1 / Parnelli Jones KV75 (resto project)

A quiet ride turns away wrath, but loud pipes stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 (American Biker Version)

Quote Originally Posted by MarklyPetrello View Post
    Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing ...
    WOW! What's really interesting is how many times your IP address is listed in the Forum Spam databases as a known IP of comment and bot mail spammers...

SO do I wait for you to actually post the bot spam, or just go ahead and ban you for the reputation you carry? ?
    Last edited by Walter; 01-23-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650/685
    2004 Suzuki V-Strom "Wee" DL650
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-TWIN
    1971 Kawasaki MT1 / Parnelli Jones KV75 (resto project)

A quiet ride turns away wrath, but loud pipes stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 (American Biker Version)