Thread: New Member Introduction--Hope This Isn't "Goodbye," as Well--LOL!

Unhappy New Member Introduction--Hope This Isn't "Goodbye," as Well--LOL!

Hi all,

This looks like a great site with some pretty cool forums.

I have an assortment of early 70s to early 80s two-stroke dirt bikes, as well as a 1995 Honda 300 Four-Trax, 2x4. All of them need TLC, due to a lack of time and space on my part.

But before I go into the details of the bikes, I thought I should ask one MAJOR question I have about this site:

Does anyone else find the "faint-gray" on the black background to be difficult to read?

Because (and I mean no offense to the web designer, IT people, site owners, or anyone else who had input into this color selection) but I find it ****-near impossible to read.

My Question:
    Is there ANY way I can change the color scheme on my computer, or do some other change to MY VIEW of this website, so that I can make it more legible? Otherwise, I'm afraid that my "Introduction"-post may, unfortunately, be my last, as well.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with this problem.

Sincerely,

Used Bike Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Used Bike Parts View Post
    Hi all,

This looks like a great site with some pretty cool forums.

I have an assortment of early 70s to early 80s two-stroke dirt bikes, as well as a 1995 Honda 300 Four-Trax, 2x4. All of them need TLC, due to a lack of time and space on my part.

But before I go into the details of the bikes, I thought I should ask one MAJOR question I have about this site:

Does anyone else find the "faint-gray" on the black background to be difficult to read?

Because (and I mean no offense to the web designer, IT people, site owners, or anyone else who had input into this color selection) but I find it ****-near impossible to read.

My Question:
    Is there ANY way I can change the color scheme on my computer, or do some other change to MY VIEW of this website, so that I can make it more legible? Otherwise, I'm afraid that my "Introduction"-post may, unfortunately, be my last, as well.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with this problem.

Sincerely,

Used Bike Parts

Welcome, UBS. They "renovated" the site and the forums some time ago, and some of the color scheme is still not quite what it should be. From time to time they update it or patch little things. I am hoping they are still working on it and it keeps improving!
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650/685
    2004 Suzuki V-Strom "Wee" DL650
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-TWIN
    1971 Kawasaki MT1 / Parnelli Jones KV75 (resto project)

A quiet ride turns away wrath, but loud pipes stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 (American Biker Version)

Default WHEN will the "Faint Gray on Black Background" Color Scheme Be Changed?

backwoods,

Thank you for your prompt response--I apologize for my tardiness and, unlike the miniature David Lee Roth Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" video, I DO feel "tardy." LOL

Funnily enough, when I respond to your post, I can CLEARLY SEE, in BLACK INK ON A WHITE BACKGROUND, both your and my posts.

But not while just "lurking" about the site.

Simply put, I CANNOT read on this site without an expenditure of effort that is virtually impossible to maintain. My reading speed is slowed by 75%, conservatively-estimated. And the effort required to read ANYTHING other than when I am writing a post/responding to a post, has been increased by a similar (75%) amount, over what I consider to be "normal," near-effortless reading.

I HAVE to believe that membership on this site would SKYROCKET were it not for the (no offense) unfortunate "faint grey on a black background" color scheme.

I'm afraid I will not be participating UNTIL THE COLORS OF THE TEXT AND BACKGROUND ARE NORMALIZED.

Can I please get an email when and IF these changes are made?

I actually don't know how the existing (presumably content?) members read ANYTHING on this site. And my reading glasses are not very heavy (1.25's? IIRC?). In other words, I don't have a lot of trouble reading OTHER sites--just this one.

Can my "suggestion" be "kicked upstairs" to The Powers That Be, for further review? I'm trying to start a motorcycle-related small business, and this site seems like a GREAT RESOURCE, IF I could freaking READ it.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration on this matter.

Sincerely,

Used By Parts

P.S.: backwoods--I never realized that the abbreviation for my screen name would be UBS--thanks for "connecting the dots" for me!

All the best.

UBS

It has so been kicked...

You're name isn't SHeldon Cooper is it?

2009 Kawasaki KLR650/685
    2004 Suzuki V-Strom "Wee" DL650
    2002 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-TWIN
    1971 Kawasaki MT1 / Parnelli Jones KV75 (resto project)

A quiet ride turns away wrath, but loud pipes stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 (American Biker Version)