PDA

View Full Version : Hard to start

Intruder
01-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I have a 1500 intruder LC and I am having trouble starting it. I talk to a mechanic who told me I needed to adjust the compression release, but I don't know where it is and if there are any specs. I am a auto tech. and really don't have too much trouble with cars . But motorcycles are different. Can anybody help me?

greyghost
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I am looking for a salvage Intruder that is rebuildable with clear title. Live in eastern us. any sugestions for a web site for junks? Little sturgus was great!

backwoods
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a 1500 intruder LC and I am having trouble starting it. I talk to a mechanic who told me I needed to adjust the compression release, but I don't know where it is and if there are any specs. I am a auto tech. and really don't have too much trouble with cars . But motorcycles are different. Can anybody help me?

I am not familiar with that particular model, but have you tried looking for a shop manual or tech manual for that model? I always try to get the shop manual for most every vehicle I have to help find specs, settings, info, locations of compression releases... :)

Cycle-parts carries a lot of the after market and shop manuals if you want to email them and see if they can point you in the right direction.

[email protected]

Thanks! (And welcome to the forums!)